Thursday, July 28, 2011

EXPECTATION.


So tomorrow is the very long anticipated Hen's Night for my beautiful girl friend Lael Pollard.  At this moment I am supposed to be organising all of the last minute things I need to do but I am allowing myself to CHILL-OUT and not stress anymore than I have for the past 23 and a half hours.

I am tres excited to just have a good old fashioned "girls night" - out and in (:  And I am hoping that the girls are extra silly so that the night is heaps of fun.  Although the extremely silly dares should draw them out from their box.  That or my foot up their rear end.

But a thought provoking moment.  How much does expectation ruin the fun and excitement of a night?  For example, if you turn up at a house party with a pre-conception of what you think / wish it will be like than you are automatically setting yourself up for disappointment.  Yes, you could be pleasantly surprised.  But you will ALWAYS be disappointed because it will never be what you have pictured in you mind?  So is it just smart to walk into every situation / everyday with no expectation or pre-conception of what the events of the day will hold?  Or is this what people deem unnecessary ignorance?

Well any-who, I am hoping the girls walk in tomorrow with no pre-conceptions because it is definitely not the "traditional" hen's night to be expected.  Although it will be fun (:

SIDE NOTE:  My trek "brother" and good friend Tasi Lemi got back from his mission today?!?  I cannot believe it's been 2 years already!  (Although I am sure your family disagree a thousand fold(; )  WELCOME HOME MISTER!!  I wish I was coming to your welcome home tomorrow but I will be entertaining some fine ladies so we will have to catch up on sunday (:

Cynicism lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment